Human Resources has been challenged to improve Quality of Hire since McKinsey & Co. launched the War for Talent decades ago. Topgrading is the only hiring method that has satisfied CEOs with what they want most: hiring not just “okay” performers, but instead hiring mostly HIGH performers.
Why is hiring so difficult?
- Too many candidates fudge their resumes and fake their interviews
- Common interview methods don’t reveal nearly enough of the risks, the candidates’ weaker points
- Reference calls are rarely with the candidates’ managers – the best verification of what candidates told you. Instead, most reference calls have little value.
Those realities have put a huge burden on HR. Fortunately Topgrading, and only Topgrading, has solved those three problems.
How Topgrading works “in the weeds”
- At the resume stage, HR sends candidates a link for them to provide information that will quickly indentify the sharpest, most honest, highest performing candidates.
- Phone screen interviews (using the Topgrading Phone Screen Guide) make clear which candidates to invite in for face-to-face interviews.
- Topgrading Interviews by the hiring manager and HR identify the best of the best.
- Candidate-arranged reference calls (no phone tag) confirm this is a high performer… or not.
- Internal clients (your hiring managers) appreciate the fact that HR is sending them fewer but better candidates.
- Annual Quality of Hire statistics show dramatic increases in high performers hired. Turnover declines, profits shoot up, and the culture rises to new heights. Why? A critical mass of high performers achieves unprecedented successes, and everyone benefits.
- With HR delivering much better talent at all levels, HR earns respect and as never before is invited to partner with business heads, to be an integral member of their strategic teams.
Turbo-boost Your Career with Topgrading
Many HR professionals who embraced Topgrading have doubled or even tripled their company’s hiring success rate. Reducing bad hires and increasing “A” teams make companies more profitable and managers more successful. This will increase your overall job satisfaction and boost your career success.
Topgrading is legally defensible. All three editions of Topgrading have sections written by global employment law firm, Seyfarth Shaw. We have been advised that no lawsuit or EEOC charge has ever been filed as a result of using the Topgrading methodology to enhance your workforce.
Talk to a Topgrading Professional
Four decades of experience has taught us that every organization is unique. We will tailor Topgrading methods for your company to help you achieve dramatic increases in hiring and promoting success. Call us at 847-244-5544 and we’ll arrange for you to talk with an experienced professional.
You can also contact us via our online contact form and our team will reach out to you as soon as possible.