Since Millennials will be the majority of all US workers by 2020, how they find jobs is worth knowing.
The following stats are from the Job Vite article, Job Seeker Nation Study 2016 (free at Jobvite.com).
- 74% of employees of all ages are “open” to a new job, though 45% of employed workers are not actively looking.
- Almost 2/3rds use social media to find new jobs.
- 67% of social media job seekers use Facebook.
- 70% say they switch jobs mostly for more pay.
- The “gig” (think Uber) workforce is gaining momentum; 56% say they’ve considered taking a full time gig job.