04/27/22 - 04/28/22
9:30 am CDT - 4:30 pm CDT
Bookings are closed for this event.
Due to the nature of our events, planning, and materials, we are unable to refund for any reason. If you are unable to attend and contact us within 14 days of the workshop date, your reservation can be moved to the next Topgrading Workshop (maximum of 2 reschedules), or your reservation fee will be forfeited. You also have the option of changing the registered attendee to someone else in your organization. By registering for our workshop, you agree to the Cancellation/Refund Policy.
Two-Day Workshop Agenda
Day 1, 9:30am-4:30pm CT: Topgrading Immersion
Day 1 is filled with immersion into the key Topgrading steps. Each step is fully explained, with exercises and demonstrations to give you a feel for how all the parts fit together.
Our unique definition of A Player
- What kind of A Players does your organization need?
- The myths and realities around building a team of great people
Impact of the Status Quo
- Calculating your hiring success
- Calculating the impact of non-A Players at various levels
- Why achieving big goals is such a struggle; how Topgrading makes it simpler
A Selection Process that Produces Dramatic Results
- 5 key hiring steps that solve the biggest hiring problems
- Define your Target – Job Scorecards are clearer than job descriptions
- Best recruitment methods – use your network for passive candidates
- Screen Candidates – the TORC “truth motivator,” PreScreen Snapshot that saves you a lot of time, and the Phone Screen Interview
Day 2, 9:30am-4:30pm CT: Deeply Understand Finalist Candidates
Day 2 is devoted to the most important step in Topgrading – the Topgrading Interview and what happens after that interview.
Conduct the Tandem Topgrading Interview
- 24 “dos” and “don’ts”
- Analyze the Career History Form information
- How to probe for deeper meaning
- Note taking
After the Tandem Topgrading Interview
- Analyze notes
- Rate the candidate on Competencies
- Review the Job Scorecard vis a vis your conclusions
- Decide to move ahead … or not
- Verify what you’ve seen and heard in candidate-arranged reference calls
- Engineer Success – Coach your new hire
Put it all together – Implementing Topgrading
- Use Topgrading right away
- Get set up for TOLS
- Contact us with any questions