07/15/20 - 07/16/20
9:30 am CDT - 4:30 pm CDT
This event is fully booked.
Due to the nature of our events, planning, and materials, we are unable to refund for any reason. If you are unable to attend and contact us within seven (7) business days of the workshop date, your reservation will be moved to the next Topgrading Quarterly Workshop, or your reservation fee will be forfeited. By registering for our workshop, you agree to the Refund/Cancellation Policy
Virtual Workshop Agenda
Following the workshop, attendees will receive complimentary 90-minute coaching calls with President and Workshop leader Chris Mursau.
Day 1, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm CT: Topgrading Immersion
Day 1 is filled with immersion into the key Topgrading steps. Each step is fully explained, with exercises and demonstrations to give you a feel for how all the parts fit together.
Our unique definition of A Player
- What kind of A Players does your organization need?
- The myths and realities around building a team of great people
Impact of the Status Quo
- Calculating your hiring success
- Measuring the impact of non-A Players at various levels
- Why achieving big goals is such a struggle; how Topgrading makes it simpler
A Selection Process that Produces Dramatic Results
- 5 key hiring steps that solve the biggest hiring problems
- Define your Target – Job Scorecards are clearer than job descriptions
- Best Recruitment Methods – Use your network for passive candidates
- Screen Candidates – The TORC “truth motivator,” Prescreen Snapshot that saves you time, and the Phone Screen Interview
Day 2, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm CT: Deeply Understand Finalist Candidates
Day 2 is devoted to hands-on experience with the Topgrading Interview process.
Conduct the Tandem Topgrading Interview
- 24 “Dos” and “Don’ts”
- Analyze the Career History Form information
- How to probe for deeper meaning
- Note taking
After the Tandem Topgrading Interview
- Analyze notes
- Rate the candidate on Competencies
- Review the Job Scorecard vis a vis your conclusions
- Decide to move ahead or not
- Verify what you’ve seen and heard in candidate-arranged reference calls
- Engineer Success – Coach your new hire
Put it all together – Implementing Topgrading
- How to use Topgrading right away
- Get set up for TOLS
- Contact us with any questions